I'm currently working with Mr. Michael and his 7th grade classes
in ICT to review and discuss how to determine whether
a website is reliable or unreliable.
Below are the key factors we've come up with... to look into... and then decide whether you think the information is reliable...
- Reliable and qualified author / organization
- Is the information biased?
- The site is relevant to me
- URL domain (.com .net .gov .edu)
- Site has choices and all links work
- Information can be checked on other sources
- Clear aims of the site
- Site achieves its aims